Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tulum - our small piece of paradise

Until our relaunch of the new www.tulumliving.com- You can see the Tulum Events Calendar here!!!!!

Come and LOVE Tulum.

Tulum Living Events Calendar

May 25, 2009

Fashion Look Spa - estetica & spa


When we first moved to Mexico I had no idea where to go for any of the beauty stuff in Tulum. I had seen a few places that cut hair in town but nothing salon like in the states. I was so excited when I went to my friends new cafe Melie and he told me about the spa upstairs.

As I climbed the stairs into the buildings second floor and walked through the glass doors on the spa, I felt like I was right back in San Francisco. The windows were very large and overlooked some very nice greenery outside which really added to the decor of the place. The breeze came in so nicely and moved through the space making it very comfortable to be in even on this very hot day.

The product wall was large, beautifully displayed and full of products that I recognized to be of very high quality. There was a nice little waiting area that was full of plants and had comfortable furniture. It was also right near the window which is always good for comfort.

There were 4 fully stocked hair stations. All of them had windows on the sides and the fresh air made the whole space very light and airy. The chairs were simple and confortable looking.

There were 3 manicurist tables. The best part of this that I saw was that they had OPI nail polish. I love OPI nail polish and I could tell that they used other high quality tools. Everything was so clean and sterile and I was iching to get a manicure but maybe next time.


There were also 2 washing stations and here again, I could tell that they used great products. All the areas were spotlessly clean and seemed to be brand new. The whole place has a very open, fresh and clean feeling and look to it.

The beautiful image that is on the glass wall that separates the treatment area is amazing and definitely adds to the ambiance. The rest of the artwork and decorative items bring a bit of color and movement and the candles and plants add a sense of life and peace.

The treatment room is large and open and draped with large soft white curtains. There is a large water fall in one corner and a large natural arrangement in a vase in another corner. The treatment room was also clean and calming.

I will be going back to get a list of services and get an idea of how much things cost. This is a place that I cannot wait to go and get a much needed pedicure. When I do I will tell you all about it.

This spa is located on the 2nd floor of Calle andromedia entre, centro y satelite.

Now if you are like me... that will be impossible to find. TodoTulum.com has probably the best maps in town. You can pick them up all over town. You can see where I am talking about here. The spa is directly across the street from Le Bistro on this map. Le Bistro is a little bit up the block from the corner and the spa is on the corner. It is really hard to tell that by looking at a map.

Once I get more info on the prices and services I will let you know!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Do you have any info about their services, prices, etc? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete