Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tulum - our small piece of paradise

Until our relaunch of the new www.tulumliving.com- You can see the Tulum Events Calendar here!!!!!

Come and LOVE Tulum.

Tulum Living Events Calendar

August 29, 2009

Amazing Mayan meal in Hondzonot

I am sorry that I have been out for a while. There have been a lot of great things happening in Tulum and when there are lots of fun things happening I run out of time to write about them. But here we go...


In July I was invited with some friends of mine to join them and the members from the DIF here in Tulum to go out and join a Mayan community for a beautiful meal. I was excited from the moment I heard about it. A project that I am working on with friends -that I will explain when it is time- led to us having lunch in the village of Hondzonot in the Zona Maya. This is about 1.5-2 hours into the jungle from Tulum and it was a beautiful experience.


After we arrived we were greeted by the kindest group of women and some men as well and shown into the room at DIF (Desarrollo Integral de la Familia) The spread that appeared shortly in front of us was amazing.

Magnificently prepared food that was as colorful as it was plentiful. It was a meal that I will not soon forget. Sylvia from the DIF said some beautiful words and we were all there to celebrate the importance of these Mayan communities and the treasure that they are to our area as well as to the world. I can not wait to work more closely with and explore some of the communities around. The food was as you can imagine AMAZING!!!!


Even looking at the pictures this much later makes me hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment