Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tulum - our small piece of paradise

Until our relaunch of the new www.tulumliving.com- You can see the Tulum Events Calendar here!!!!!

Come and LOVE Tulum.

Tulum Living Events Calendar

January 20, 2010

Cabanas Tulum- El Bistro at Ziggy Beach

I have seen this new restaurant on TUlum beach from the road a few times and it looked like a place I wanted to try. Well, really I want to give all of them a try. But I finally got my chance to try El Bistro at Ziggy Beach.

Okay okay... I played ditch from cleaning the house and catching up on all of the stuff that I really needed to do and went to the beach instead. Always a good idea on a beautiful day in Tulum. I could not stop myself from trying this place. My battery on my camera went dead but you can bet that I will be going back.
All 3 of the menus look great. The breakfast even had eggs Benedict- I will be back for that.

We did not have much money so we took advantage to the great new special they have right now which is 2 for 1 on any drink and i think all day. We each got 2 margaritas- served a bit sweet but in the perfect glass. When we asked them to make the 2nd one a little less sweet they made the drinks a little more to our liking. ( I hate it when some places just totally ignore you on that) We split the chicken Cesar wrap and it was great. The tortilla was much like what I remember from living in San Francisco and the taquerias there. I might try one of the burritos on the menu.

This new restaurant on Tulum Beach is part of Cabanas Tulum. Although it will be changing names in the future. I know there was a lot of talk about Cabanas Tulum on tulum.info so I was excited to hear that a place that got such great reviews in the past looks like it is headed for a bright future.

I will post pictures as soon as I have them.

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to visit Tulum for quite some time. It's a desire of my wife to visit the Mayan Ruins. What month would you recommend to go visit Tulum. I haven't researched the topic too much, but is the Cancun Airport the only airport available to fly into? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say that March or April are my favorite months. and October and Novemeber.

    ReplyDelete