Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tulum - our small piece of paradise

Until our relaunch of the new www.tulumliving.com- You can see the Tulum Events Calendar here!!!!!

Come and LOVE Tulum.

Tulum Living Events Calendar

February 15, 2010

Le Bistro- French fare in Tulum ***

This small little french restaurant just opened recently in Tulum. This whole block has quickly become my favorite in Tulum. The 4 small nicely nut distinctly decorated restaurants are so charming.

I came here for dinner one night and immediately fell in love. The back courtyard is as charming as you can get.  With a beautiful small garden blocked off from the bustle of the avenue it is a very nice place to enjoy some wonderful french food. 

These are the exact sort of places I hope come to Tulum.  This place has just a few tables and makes wonderful french fare.  My husband got a wonderful steak with a creamy Roquefort sauce on top.  It was the first time that we had even seen any blue cheese anything since we moved here.  It was wonderful.  

The breakfast and lunch menus range from omelettes with wonderful herbs, traditional egg dishes and breads to fantastic baguette sandwiches and crepes.  Diverse salads are available in 2 sizes which I really like.  Especially because there are times you want the salad for the meal.  I have not eaten some of the french delicacies since I left Paris and I am so glad to see them on the menu here.  Le Bistro also offers some wonderful suggestions for wine pairings with some of their French specialties.

Beautiful dinner options like salmon tartar and cuts of meat with traditional sauces call to me like crazy.  I cannot wait to come here for dinner.  The whole little block lights up in the evenings and with a bottle of wine and amazing French cooking it promises to be an amazing night.   And as the only place where I have ever seen Absinthe on the menu- ohhhhoooohhhh Boy look out for a really great night.


Le Bistro has now expanded and has wonderful day options to go.  I will go take a deeper look at the new additions to the menu and report back.  

3 comments:

  1. This wonderful little restaurant has been opened for over a year. When I updated the post it went to the new date. I am looking forward to getting some pictures of the new add on however.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that little outdoor patio! I dunno if we have much French food here in Cancun. I've never actually been to a French restaurant!! Sad, but true.

    It's my first time stopping by, and I really like your site.

    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a nice French bistro. They offer authentic French food. The prices are a little bit hight but the food is top quality :)
    Cathy
    French course

    ReplyDelete