Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tulum - our small piece of paradise

Until our relaunch of the new www.tulumliving.com- You can see the Tulum Events Calendar here!!!!!

Come and LOVE Tulum.

Tulum Living Events Calendar

December 22, 2009

Lighthouse Church in Tulum English Service

I was recently invited to attend the new Lighthouse Church Service on the Coba Road. Having a very open minded view of religion and being married to a Mexican Catholic I was eager to check it out.

This non demoninational Christian church is exactly what my view of religion is. A group of like minded people who have found a certain peace and happiness in their lives and joining together to celebrate that faith and it to share it with anyone else who is interested.

My friends from Tulum.info who inveted me to attend picked up me and my family one Sunday morning. I was not sure what to expect. I have not been to formal church in a very long time and some of my run ins have not left positive memories. But I am so pleased that I had such such a wonderful expereince.

The Church itself is housed in the Salsa Maya Restaurant building not more then a 1/4 mile down the Coba road. The people where as kind and warm as I could have possibly hope to meet. They greeted me and the kids, invited to us enjoy some coffee and get the kids intorduced tot he kids worship area.

Now I have a very different religious belief then most Christians on many of the main principles of the religion. Ranging from reincarnation, to mother earth to we are part of everything else sort of ideas. What I loved was that the message of love, acceptance, being at peace with yourself and your maker- whomever that may be was overwhelming.

The church holds services in English with a table where you can hear the Spanish translation. The worship is at 10:00 a.m. and lasts around an hour. The kids area is really wonderful and Debbie, the pastors wife, leads the kids in various activities and crafts that center around the teachings of the church.

Even as a non catholic and a very loose Christian, I felt so at home and welcome by the people of the Lighthouse Church. Always willing and eager to help in anyway, the people are what make any church in my mind and this one has the best of the best.


Terri Hill and his wife Debbie have been in the Playa del Carmen area for sverak years now and are now moving to our quiet little town to start the first English christian service. The happiness and peace that these 2 people, and several others, have within them is inspirational.

This is the perfect place for Christians, and non christians to come and worship and learn together. I really enjoyed my time at the church and look forward to attending more often. More information can be found at www.lighthousechurchtulum.com


They are a having a Christmas service on the 24th of December at 6:00. All are more then welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment