Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tulum - our small piece of paradise

Until our relaunch of the new www.tulumliving.com- You can see the Tulum Events Calendar here!!!!!

Come and LOVE Tulum.

Tulum Living Events Calendar

December 17, 2009

Response about Ocho Closing

I received this comment in my post about Ocho Tulum's closing. I know that this is an issue that many people are concerned with and that information is not as easy to come by in English so I wanted to post it here.


Let me be clear. This is not me saying this. This is an anonymous person that left a comment on my post but it did give another side of the story so I wanted to post it. Please feel free to leave comments or to send me an email with specific questions.

I am contacting the hotel to see if they want to add anything to this. But I will say that I do hope that it is true that Ocho is reopening because I think it is a great hotel.

I hope you are all having a great day.

There has been a lot of concern over Ocho Tulum and its seizure two weeks ago. The hotel was seized in a fraudulent effort by the Garza Ponce family of Monterrey alleging that they own the lease to the land on which Ocho Tulum stands.

Ocho Tulum's owner is in communicating with top officials in both the U.S. and Mexico to get this remedied expediently.

It has recently come to our attention that the owners of another Tulum hotel, Ana y Jose, in affiliation with the Garza Ponce family will take over operation of Ocho Tulum. This is illegal! Do not risk your vacation being compromised by staying there.

Ocho Tulum's operators aim to provide the best service they can and are in contact with all of the guests who had reservations for this upcoming winter season. They're referring guests to Blue Tulum and in some cases refunding deposits.

Ocho Tulum will be back. Stay tuned. Feel free to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment