Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tulum - our small piece of paradise

Until our relaunch of the new www.tulumliving.com- You can see the Tulum Events Calendar here!!!!!

Come and LOVE Tulum.

Tulum Living Events Calendar

October 18, 2010

Mateo's! Great food on the beach road. ***

When Mateo’s opened on the beach road opened a while back and I was so excited to see a taco place on the beach road. The food on the beach can get very expensive and this looked like a great options for some good food on Tulum beach. In its original location it closed and I was sorry to see it close. But my unhappiness was short lived as I saw it reopen not far away from its original location- but even better.

The location of Mateo’s is on the jungle side of the beach road about 2 km south of the turn. The structure of the restaurant is a large open space and has a very comfortable feel. The space is also great for large groups because it is so open.

We ate here for my birthday before heading off to do some dancing and I must say that the food totally lived upto the great thing that I had hear about this place. Everyone in my family is totally obsessed with fajitas. It is one of my mom’s favorites so she ordered them at several locations around Tulum and these ones I think were the best ones that we had.

3 of us all ordered fajitas and hubby had fish tacos. The plates of fajitas were massive and so good. Served with rice, wonderful black beans and a killer guacamole. The meat was mixed with perfectly sautéed peppers and onions and tasted amazing. My mom is already planning her next trip down to come and eat at Mateo’s. My husband’s fish tacos were also amazing. Served with some great salsas and stuffed with large pieces of avocado- this is another dish we will be ordering again.

The margaritas at Mateo’s were very well made and if there is one thing that always impresses me about a restaurant or bar… it is a well done margarita. Mateo’s totally passed the test. So the next time you are on the beach road and looking for a great place to eat- check out Mateo’s. If you see a table that just keeps ordering fajitas and margaritas- that will be us- come over and say hi! jajaja

2 comments:

  1. We had a completely different experience, the food was horrible, very poor quality, Mateo's is famous for just how bad their food is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so unfortunate that you had a different experience. If there is one thing that I have learned in my years of living here and the several years living in another tourism hotspot- it is that many people can have totally different takes on a restaurant and a restaurant can have totally different night of performance.

    I really enjoyed the food that we ate at Mateo's and look forward to going back. I hope that they continue to impress me.

    In the mean time- maybe give it another try sometime. You might have a different experience. And if not- there are lots of great spots in Tulum to eat.

    ReplyDelete