Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tulum - our small piece of paradise

Until our relaunch of the new www.tulumliving.com- You can see the Tulum Events Calendar here!!!!!

Come and LOVE Tulum.

Tulum Living Events Calendar

October 9, 2010

El Bistro at Ziggy's Beach Club ***


El Bistro opened a while back as part of the new Ziggy's Beach club at Cabanas Tulum. This great spot on the south end of Tulum beach is really great. Restaurants that are perfect for kids??!!??!! This is it.
I have 2 kids and taking them to a restaurant is not always the easiest thing. And I want to have a good time too. Well this place is great.

El Bistro is perfect for alll groups but especially for families for a few reasons. 1- it is very large. There is a lot of space for the kids to be in without interrupting the other people enjoying their day in the sun.
There is a great 2x1 drink special ALL DAY!!!!!! Serving up all of the Rivera Maya's best cocktails! The beach here is amazing- soft clear - great waves... And just to seal the deal... there is a wooden swing and a screened in trampoline!!!!!!! I mean REALLY!!???!?!?! It was perfect, and made an already great day - even better.

I have been here on 2 occasions and the food has been amazing both times. The kid friendly menu is was really appreciated. The portions are a good size and the food is made with quality ingredients. I hate getting food for my kids that is a total after thought --and this food was really good.

This time I was here with my brother and my husband and the food once again did not
disappoint. I had a shrimp in garlic dish, hubby had calamari and bro had a fajita.
It was all very good.
We ordered one of the most annoying drinking ever made.... the Miami Vise. This drink is half strawberry daiquiri and half pina colada. It is a total pain in the butt because it requires the bartender to make 2 - already annoying drinks.


Now- do not get me wrong- bartenders make lots of annoying drinks and the do it gladly.... but if you ask a bartender to make several of these- please show your appreciation. Because they are sooooo good and so easy to order many of- but tip accordingly- because they are not easy. My hubby was kind enough to take one for the team and order the 3rd one in our group so the bartender could make only this one drink. I always like to order a shot of rum on the side and put a splash in each drink because it can get too sweet for me.

The food was amazing and we had a really good time. I would defiantly recommend eating here. It has a very well rounded menu and there are options that will please everyone. And those of you with kids.... this is PREFECT!!! Options for the kids, a play ground, and a perfect beach... what more could you want.

I had heard that there might be some live music or beach parties here. If so I will keep you all posted. This would be a great place for a party or wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment